Xiaomi has patented a smartphone. A bit of ordinary news and we would skip it, if not for one thing. This is a weird cell phone. Do you want a smartphone whose screen would not be distorted by interruption or notch for the front camera? Tired of all these common pop-up cameras? Next we propose to look at this Xiaomi patent.
As is often the case, the LetsGoDigital The site, which regularly scans patent office databases for something interesting or unrealistic, has unveiled this new patent. On the website of the State Intellectual Property Office of China, they managed to find pictures of a strange Xiaomi smartphone.
The images make it clear that the company is considering creating a full-screen smartphone that is visually free of cameras both front and rear. And the secret is that four camera sensors are hidden at the top, integrated into two sliding units: two sensors in the front and two in the back.
But these two emerging units do not extend straight, but sloping, at an angle to each other. So the engineers playfully defeated the already boring solution with pop-up cameras. But there was not enough room for the LED flash in the folding units, so it was left in the back.
It is worth noting that last month, Xiaomi introduced the top smartphones Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra and Redmi K30 Ultra, as well as a unique transparent TV and many other products.
XIAOMI MI 10 ULTRA SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.67 inches (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD + AMOLED 19.5: 9 aspect ratio HDR10 + screen with refresh rate 120Hz, brightness 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Type), contrast ratio 5000000: 1 (Min.), Wide color DCI-P3 Gamut, protection Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Octa-Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8 GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128 GB. 256 GB UFS 3.1 storage. 12 GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256 GB storage. 16 GB RAM LPPDDR5 with 512 GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 is based on Android 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1 / 1.32 ″ OV48C sensor, 1.2μm, f / 1.85 aperture, OIS, 8P lens, LED flash. Sony IMX586 48MP telephoto lens with f / 4.1 aperture for 10x optical zoom and 120x digital zoom, OIS. 20MP 128 ° wide angle lens with f / 2.2 aperture. 12MP sensor 1 / 2.6 ″ 2PD with 1.4um for zoom and portrait 2x, 8k at 24fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 1080p
- 20MP front camera
- On-screen fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor
- USB Type-C Audio, Hi-Res Audio, Stereo Speakers
- Dimensions: 162.38 × 75.04 × 9.45 mm. Weight: 221.8g
- 5G SA / NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO. Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with wired 120W QC 5 / PD3.0. 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging