Updated Chinese sources say that the Xiaomi Mi 10 series smartphones support MEMC technology, but it has not yet been activated by the manufacturer. The situation must be corrected with the release of the next software update.
As a reminder, MEMC (Motion Estimation / Motion Compensation) is a dynamic image quality compensation technology that makes the image on the screen smoother and the image details clearer.
The technology uses hardware and software algorithms to estimate the path of a fast-moving object in an image. MEMC technology is used in modern televisions, with several companies being referred to differently, including MotionFlow, TrueMotion, Auto Motion Plus, SMR and so on.
Several top smartphones support MEMC technology, including the Black Shark 3, Oppo Find X2 and OnePlus 8. Xiaomi Mi 10 line smartphones are expected to join soon.
It is worth noting that recently, after Lei Jun’s speech on the tenth anniversary of the company and the success of its smartphones, Xiaomi began to introduce new products. The first of these is the Xiaomi Mi 10 Extreme Commemorative Edition, which will be available outside of China under the name Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra. Here is a reminder of the smartphone specifications.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra Specifications
- 6.67 inches (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD + AMOLED 19.5: 9 aspect ratio HDR10 + screen with refresh rate 120Hz, brightness 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Type), contrast ratio 5000000: 1 (Minimum), DCI -P3 Wide Color Gamut, protection Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8 GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128 GB. 256 GB UFS 3.1 storage. 12 GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256 GB storage. 16 GB RAM LPPDDR5 with 512 GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 is based on Android 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1 / 1.32 ″ OV48C sensor, 1.2μm, f / 1.85 aperture, OIS, 8P lens, LED flash. Sony IMX586 48MP telephoto lens with f / 4.1 aperture for 10x optical zoom and 120x digital zoom, OIS. Wide angle lens 20MP 128 ° with f / 2.2 aperture. 12MP sensor 1 / 2.6 ″ 2PD with 1.4um for zoom and portrait 2x, 8k at 24fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 1080p
- 20MP front camera
- On-screen fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor
- USB Type-C Audio, Hi-Res Audio, Stereo Speakers
- Dimensions: 162.38 × 75.04 × 9.45 mm. Weight: 221.8g
- 5G SA / NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO. Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with wired 120W QC 5 / PD3.0. 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
The Mi 10 Ultra is available in Obsidian Black, Mercury Silver and Transparent Edition, starting at 5299 yuan (US $ 762) for 8 GB + 128 GB, 5599 yuan (US $ 806) for 8 GB + 256 GB, 5999 yuan (US $ 863) US) for 12 GB + 256 GB and the top version 16 GB + 512 GB costs 6999 yuan (US $ 1007).