Recently, the flagship Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra was introduced, which, in addition to the expected top specifications, hit the battery charging capabilities. And if 120W wired charging is amazing, then support for 50W wireless charging will surprise you – not all flagships have such cable charging speeds.
Thanks to this new Xiaomi wireless charging technology, the 4500 mAh smartphone battery can be fully charged in just 40 minutes.
Xiaomi explains the technology behind 50W wireless fast charging
To answer all questions, the company was published an explanation of how this technology works. The key point was to change the arrangement between the coil and the battery, ie the charge pump – DC-DC converter, which is used to increase or decrease the voltage.
Instead of the traditional layout with two generators running in series, Xiaomi made them run parallel to each other. Voltage conversion is not 100% efficient – conventional generators are 97% efficient. If you install two generators side by side, then the efficiency even starts to decrease continuously. With the generators installed by Xiaomi, this will not be a problem.
Xiaomi also used a new generation of generators with 98.5% efficiency. This may seem like a small difference, but keep in mind that at 50 watts, even 1% can emit significant heat for devices like a smartphone.
The generators are connected to the battery with a very conductive graphene-based material to further minimize losses. The battery itself is divided into two connected 2250 mAh cells.
The cylinder is also difficult. Xiaomi used 5-layer multi-strand technology – a design that helps focus on the effect of the magnetic field and further reduce losses.
Last week, Xiaomi unveiled the flagship Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra and Redmi K30 Ultra smartphones, as well as a unique transparent TV and many other products. The Mi 10 Ultra comes with the new 50W wireless charging technology and here is a reminder of its full specifications:
XIAOMI MI 10 ULTRA SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.67 inches (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD + AMOLED 19.5: 9 aspect ratio HDR10 + screen with refresh rate 120Hz, brightness 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Type), contrast ratio 5000000: 1 (Min.), Wide color DCI-P3 Gamut, protection Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8 GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128 GB. 256 GB UFS 3.1 storage. 12 GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256 GB storage. 16 GB RAM LPPDDR5 with 512 GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 is based on Android 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1 / 1.32 ″ OV48C sensor, 1.2μm, f / 1.85 aperture, OIS, 8P lens, LED flash. 48MP Sony IMX586 telephoto lens with f / 4.1 aperture for 10x optical zoom and 120x digital zoom, OIS. 20MP 128 ° wide angle lens with f / 2.2 aperture. 12MP 1 / 2.6 ″ 2PD sensor with 1.4um for zoom and portrait 2x, 8k at 24fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 1080p
- 20MP front camera
- On-screen fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor
- USB Type-C Audio, Hi-Res Audio, Stereo Speakers
- Dimensions: 162.38 × 75.04 × 9.45 mm; Weight: 221.8g
- 5G SA / NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO. Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with wired 120W QC 5 / PD3.0. 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging