Many manufacturers have been actively using periscope sensors for some flagship and sub-flagship devices for a number of years in order to provide multiple zooms without loss of quality. For example, Vivo uses them on some of the top smartphones like the Vivo X30 Pro and Vivo X50 Pro / Pro +. And now the company has patented another smartphone design with a periscope lens.
Vivo smartphone with periscope zoom camera
This patent belongs to Vivo Mobile Communications and was published in CNIPA (China National Intellectual Property Administration) on April 24. It was published after its approval on August 28. As usual, LetsGoDigital was the first to receive the details of the new patent.
According to the plans, this smartphone has a flat screen display with minimal wreaths and a notch in the upper left corner for the front camera.
On the right side, there are three buttons – volume control buttons, a power button and an additional switch, possibly for various audio functions. At the bottom, there is a SIM card drive and a USB Type-C port.
On the back, the smartphone shows a two-tone design – the separation of the two colors is done right in the center. At the top, there is a block of the main camera for four lenses, cut in a circle, which includes the main sensor, a surveillance camera and two more sensors.
This camera layout does not look like the X50 series cameras. Looks like Vivo NEX 3 / NEX 3S. Therefore, if the company ever intends to use this patent, it will most likely release a NEX series phone
It is worth noting that recently, the Vivo Y20 and Y20i smartphones were released with a 5,000 mAh battery, SD 460 & triple rear cameras. Both devices have been part of many leaks in the past and we recently saw both the full specs and the promotional images. Well, the Chinese smartphone maker has now launched both devices in the Indian market.
Vivo Y20 and Y20i specifications
- 6.51 inch HD + LCD screen (1600 x 720 pixels)
- Octa Core Snapdragon 460nm 11nm Mobile Platform (1.8GHz x 4 + 1.6GHz x 4 Kryo 240 CPUs) with 600MHz Adreno 610 GPU
- 3 GB (Y20i) / 4 GB (Y20) LPDDR4x RAM, 64 GB storage, expandable memory up to 256 GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with FunTouch OS 10.5
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f / 1.8 aperture, 2MP depth sensor, 2MP macro with f / 2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera
- Dimensions: 164.41 × 76.32 × 8.41 mm. Weight: 192.3g
- Fingerprint sensor on the side
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou, micro USB
- 5000mAh battery with fast charging 18W