With the Redmi Note 9 line, the company managed to take it to the next level. Xiaomi has managed to create devices that are balanced in both design and specifications. All models in the series received good screens, agile chips and decent camera systems. But there seems to be a problem with the camera. And it has nothing to do with the quality of the photos.
The rear camera of the Redmi Note 9 series has a serious dust problem
Some complaints about the main multi-unit camera have started appearing on the network. Users began to report that the glass covering the lenses did not provide the required level of sealing. Poor assembly led to the formation of voids through which dust particles and debris enter. The Redmi Note 9, Redmi Note 9 Pro and Redmi Note 9S suffer from this defect. Only the camera of the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max managed to avoid becoming a dust collector.
The first complaints about the devices began to appear a few months ago, but then the head of Xiaomi’s global division in Indonesia reported that there were isolated cases of camera contamination, but still intends to strengthen the quality control of product assembly. After that, the number of complaints almost disappeared, but after a while, the defect returned, and with it, its flow complaints for the build quality of the rear camera increased.
The appearance of the defect is solely responsible for Xiaomi. For now, he remains silent and prefers not to comment on what happened. For those who have encountered such a problem, it is advisable to contact the dealer to request a replacement of the defective unit.
Specifications of Redmi Note 9
- Full HD + 6.53 inch screen (2340 × 1080 pixels) with 450nit brightness (type), Corning Gorilla Glass protection 5
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G85 12nm Processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 1000MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4 GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64 GB (eMMC 5.1), 4 GB / 6 GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128 GB (eMMC 5.1), expandable memory up to 512 GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- 48MP rear cameras with Samsung GM1 sensor, f / 1.79 aperture, PDAF, EIS, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118 ° wide angle lens with f / 2.2 aperture, 2MP macro lens and 2MP depth sensor with f / 2.4 aperture
- 13MP front camera with f / 2.25 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5 mm audio jack, Linear speaker 1216, FM radio
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 162.38 × 77.2 × 8.95 mm. Weight: 199g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5020mAh (standard) / 4920mAh (minimum) battery, 22.5W in-box charger, 9w reverse charge