In February of this year, a video appeared on the Internet showing an early 3D idea of the future folding new Huawei Mate X2. Now the well-known author of reliable leaks, Ross Young, started talking about smartphone features gradually. According to him, the video accurately depicts the design of the device, the screen size and other things, such as the built-in S-Pen and an external mini screen for displaying status and notifications. The trustee stressed that Samsung and BOE will be the suppliers of flexible OLED panels.
The first performances of the upcoming Huawei Mate X2 have appeared
It also announced yesterday that Huawei has reconsidered its approach to the design of the flexible Mate X series of smartphones, which has a foldable external display from 2019. Thus, the future Mate X2 will receive a folding inward, such as the Galaxy Fold display .
Despite growing pressure from the US, Huawei is expected to continue releasing its flagship smartphones in the second half of this year. The tech giant is also expected to unveil the folding Mate X2 smartphone.
The Mate X2 camera unit is located on the side of the protruding part of the body, which is designed to accommodate not only camera sensors, but also a stylus inside. Below the camera units, there will be an extra narrow screen, which will show the time, weather, alerts and other information.
It is worth noting that earlier in February, Huawei announced the folding smartphone Mate Xs and here is a reminder of its specifications:
Huawei Mate Xs Specifications
- 6.6 inch (2480 x 1148 pixels) 19.5: 9 OLED screen when folded, 6.38 inch (2480 x 892 pixels) OLED 25: 9 rear panel display, 8 inches (2480 x 2200 pixels) OLED 8: 7.1 screen when unfolded
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G Processor (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs (Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8 GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512 GB storage, expandable memory up to 256 GB with NM card
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.0.1, HMS
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- 40MP rear camera with f / 1.8 aperture, Ultra Wide Angle 16MP lens with f / 2.2 aperture, 2.5 cm macro, 8MP telephoto lens with f / 2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, 30x zoom, OIS, HUAWEI Time-of-Flight (TOF) Camera
- Fingerprint sensor on the side
- Dual speakers
- Dimensions: 161.3 x 78.5 (146.2 unfolded) x 5.4-11 mm. Weight: 300g
- 5G Multi-mode, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB Type-C (GEN1)
- 4500mAh (2250mAh x 2) battery with 55W SuperCharge