Recently, it became known that Samsung during the presentation of “Unpacked 2020” on August 5 for some reason was silent about an important and extremely useful innovation in their most important devices of the second half. These are the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and Galaxy Z Fold 2, both equipped with an advanced adaptive refresh rate system that saves battery life by changing the number of frames per second depending on the content displayed.
Now the manufacturer has shared the results of this technology: the power consumption of the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra has been reduced by almost a quarter – up to 22% in the mixed mode of interaction with the device and up to 60% in the projection of photos (reducing the frequency to 10 Hz), which definitely deserves attention and will definitely become a feature of all future devices of the South Korean company.
The dynamic approach saves battery power by automatically changing the refresh rate according to the content displayed on the screen: for text display, it will be reduced to 1-11 Hz, for movies – from 24 to 60 Hz and for games from 30 to 120 Hz.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra specifications
- 6.9 inch Quad HD (3088 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O display, HDR10 +, 496PPI, refresh rate 120Hz, brightness up to 1500 nits, protection Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with GPU ARM Mali-G77MP11
- LTE – 8 GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256 GB / 512 GB (UFS 3.1), expandable memory up to 1 TB with microSD
- 5G – 12 GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128 GB / 256 GB / 512 GB (UFS 3.1), expandable memory up to 1 TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 108MP rear camera with LED flash, f / 1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, laser AF sensor. Periscope 12MP lens with f / 3.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 5X optical zoom, Super Resolution Zoom up to 50X, Ultra Wide sensor 12MP 120 ° with f / 2.2 aperture
- 10MP front camera with f / 2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 164.8 x 77.2 x 8.1 mm. Weight: 208
- S Pen with Bluetooth capability with pressure levels: 4096, pen tip diameter: 0.7 mm, IP68
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4 / 5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4500mAh (standard) battery with fast charge 45W, wireless charging (WPC and PMA), Wireless PowerShare
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 is available for $ 999 with 128 GB of storage and 8 GB of RAM. Color options include Mystic Bronze, Gray and Green. While the Note 20 Ultra starts at $ 1,299 it comes with 12 GB RAM and 256 GB. Color options for the Ultra include Mystic Bronze, White and Black. The phone is available for purchase on the Samsung website, mobile phone partners and retailers.