Samsung won the race for smartphones with folding screens, but lost mainly in terms of reliability and self-sufficiency of technology. Only the lazy did not write about screen damage, dead pixels and defect of the Galaxy Fold joint mechanism. And many others complained about the fold that forms in the fold and spoils the visual perception of the screen. And it seems that the new Galaxy Z Fold 2 will not solve these problems.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 appeared in a video and is not perfect
Unfortunately, today’s technological advancement has not allowed the company to solve the problem of “wrinkles” on the screen. In addition, Video showing the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 appeared on the network, where you can see that a separate aspect is visible in the fold. But do not forget that the second generation of a foldable smartphone is just a demonstration of technologies, an effort to go one step further to improve them. Also, there is no commercial interest in big sales, the goal is to test the technology and test users’ perception of the new form factor.
– Abhishek Yadav (@yabhishekhd) August 19, 2020
Remember that at the Unpacked event in August, the company only presented the Galaxy Z Fold 2, but it intends to make a full announcement on September 1, where it will report all the details. In addition, sales of the folding device will begin in the second half of September and may require around $ 2000.
It is worth noting that recently, the company unveiled the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra smartphones, and here is a reminder of the Ultra model.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra specifications
- 6.9 inch Quad HD (3088 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O display, HDR10 +, 496PPI, refresh rate 120Hz, brightness up to 1500 nits, protection Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Octa-Core Processor Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 12 GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256 GB, expandable memory up to 1 TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI
- Hybrid dual SIM
- 108MP rear camera with LED flash, f / 1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, laser AF sensor. In addition to the Periscope 12MP lens with f / 3.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 5X optical zoom, Super-Resolution zoom up to 50X, Ultra Wide sensor 12MP 120 ° with f / 2.2 aperture
- 10MP front camera with f / 2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 164.8 x 77.2 x 8.1 mm. Weight: 208
- S Pen with Bluetooth capability with pressure levels: 4096, pen tip diameter: 0.7 mm, IP68
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4 / 5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4500mAh (standard) battery with fast charge 45W, wireless charging (WPC and PMA), Wireless PowerShare