The growth of 5G has been consistent since its commercialization at the beginning of last year. Last year, we had some 5G smartphones, all of which were top devices. However, this year, there were plenty of mid-range 5G phones. Most of these devices sell for $ 200 or more. Now, it’s interesting that we already have 5G devices priced at less than $ 150. Today, Realme officially announced that the Realme V3 will make history tomorrow as the cheapest 5G smartphone ever. It will go on sale on September 9 and its starting price is 999 yuan ($ 146).
The Realme V3 has three configurations which are 6 GB + 64 GB, 6 GB + 128 GB and 8 GB + 128 GB. These versions cost 999 yuan ($ 146), 1,399 yuan ($ 205), 1,599 yuan ($ 234) respectively. According to the company, many 5G phones with the same specifications cost over 1000 yuan. This makes the Realme V3 very competitive.
The Realme V3 has a 6.5-inch screen with a resolution of 1600 × 720. Under the hood, this smartphone uses a MediaTek Dimensity 720 processor. In the camera section, it can boast of an 8MP selfie shooter. At the back, it comes with a triple camera configuration. It has a 13MP main camera + 2MP macro + 2MP sensors. In addition, this smartphone has a 5000 mAh battery that supports fast 18W charging.
Official data show that the large Realme V3 5000 mAh battery has a standby time of 24 hours. If on a continuous call, its working time can reach 33 hours. When in constant music, it can play thousands of songs on the go.
Xu Qi, Realme’s vice president, said Realme’s ability to launch the industry’s first 5G yuan phone is inseparable from its ability to control the supply chain. Realme also believes that with the release of 1000 yuan 5G mobile phones, it will further accelerate the overall progress of the 5G mobile phone market.
Realme V3 Specifications
- 6.5 inch screen (1600 × 720 pixels) 20: 9 HD + IPS with 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 720 5G 7nm (Octa-core (2 × 2.0 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6 × 2.0 GHz Cortex-A55) with ARM Mali-G57 MC3 GPU
- 6 GB RAM with 64 GB / 128 GB and 8 GB RAM with 128 GB, expandable memory up to 256 GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 based on ColorOS
- Front camera: 8 MP, f / 2.0, 26mm (width) with HDR and 1080p @ 30fps
- Rear cameras: 13 MP, f / 2.2, 26mm (width), PDAF + 2 MP, f / 2.4, (macro) + 2 MP, f / 2.4, (depth). LED flash, HDR, panorama and 4K @ 30 / 60fps, 1080p @ 30 / 60fps
- Waterproof and dust resistant
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM radio
- Dimensions: 164.4 x 76 x 8.6 mm. Weight: 190g
- Network: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE / 5G
- Bluetooth: 5.0
- 5000 mAh battery with fast charging 18W