About a month ago, HMD Global shared a new program to update Nokia-made smartphones to Android 10. The original program was introduced last year, but as a result of the coronavirus event, it changed. But despite the current situation, the company publishes updates fairly quickly. After Nokia 7.2 and Nokia 3.2, Android 10 is now available for Nokia 4.2.
Nokia 4.2 has started receiving Android 10 update
As with Nokia 3.2, HMD Global has was released a table showing the countries from which users will be the first to receive the update. The first wave of Nokia 4.2 update includes 43 countries, as follows:
|Estonia||Finland||France (except Orange FR)||Agriculture|
|Sweden||Thailand||Tunisia||United Arab Emirates|
The company said that today only 10% of users from these countries will be able to upgrade. By April 12, 50% of users will receive the update, and by April 14, all Nokia 4.2 owners will receive the update.
As you can see, the new firmware release is in line with HMD Global’s promise. The following should be Nokia 2.3, 3.1 Plus, 6.2 and Nokia 8 Sirocco. The company said that these devices will receive Android 10 in the second quarter of 2020, so their owners will have to wait for updates in the near future.
Nokia 4.2 specifications
- 5.71 inches (1520 x 720 pixels) 19: 9 a-Si FullView 2.5D curved glass screen
- Octa-Core (Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45GHz Cortex A53) Snapdragon 439 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 400 GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (pie)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, PDAF f / 2.2 aperture, 1.12 μm pixel size, 2MP secondary camera
- 8MP front camera with f / 2.0 aperture, size 1.12μm pixels
- Dimensions: 148.95 x 71.30 x 8.39 mm. Weight: 161g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, micro USB
- Built-in 3000mAh battery