There seems to be a lot of news about Motorola devices lately. We recently talked about the Moto G9 Plus. Now it’s the Play bar. The Moto G7 hit the market in early 2019, followed by the G8 the same year. Now it’s time for the next generation – the Moto G9 Play could be the first in the series.
The Moto G9 Play is located in Geekbench with Snapdragon 662 SoC
Now, the results of his Geekbench test have been leaked to the Web. The good news is that the smartphone has Android 10, unlike, for example, the Moto G8 Power Lite, which unfortunately was released in April of this year with 9.0 Pie.
The processor is unknown, but judging by the results, the Snapdragon 662 is waiting for us – the results are very similar to those achieved by the Moto G8 and G8 Power (not Lite). We know the chip is quite old, but it is still a notable upgrade over the Helio P70M that was on the Moto G8 Play.
Recall, the G8 Play had a ridiculous 2 GB of RAM, while the new model has 4 GB. Of course, the top version could be used in testing, so the manufacturer can develop versions with less RAM and a lower price.
So, regardless of whether the Moto G9 Play uses the Snapdragon 662, even the affordable version of the smartphone will improve performance.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the previous generation Moto G8 Play smartphone.
Moto G8 Play Specifications
- 6.2 inch Max Vision screen (1520 x 720 pixels)
- 2GHz Octa Core MediaTek Helio P70 12nm processor with ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 2 GB RAM, 32 GB storage, expandable memory up to 512 GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (pie)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f / 2.0 aperture, size 1.25um pixels, 8MP 117 ° ultra-wide angle sensor 1.12μm pixels with f / 2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f / 2.2 aperture, pixel size 1, 75um
- 8MP front camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM radio
- Splash resistant (IPX2)
- Dimensions: 157.6 × 75.4x9mm; Weight: 183.6g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery
The phone has color options: Knight Gray and Royal Magenta. Price started at $ 240. The smartphone arrived in parallel with the Moto E6 Play. Both the Moto G8 Play and the E6 Play came with Android Pie, have a fingerprint scanner and a tilt-mounted package, striking colors and a 4000mAh and 3000mAh battery, respectively. They made their debut mainly in India, Brazil and the United Kingdom.