Ever since Lenovo acquired Motorola, it has focused more on this brand. It has now been announced that the Lenovo K12 Note smartphone is getting ready for release, which will be a renamed copy of the previously released Moto G9 Play.
According to the Google Play Console, the upcoming Lenovo K12 Note is a code name. It will receive a screen with a resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 SoC and 4 GB of RAM. Android 10 will run out of the box.
The above specifications and the image mentioned in the Google Play Console confirm that this phone is indeed a variant of the Moto G9 Play. This Motorola device debuted in late August in Europe and last week in the United Kingdom.
In India, the device came out under the name Moto G9. This means that Lenovo plans to sell the same smartphone with three different names around the world. Other manufacturers, such as Xiaomi, follow a similar strategy.
Moto G9 Specifications
- Display: 6.5 inches (1600 × 720 pixels) HD + LCD Max Vision
- SoC: Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 – up to 2 GHz Performance 4 x Kryo 260 (based on Cortex A73) + Up to 1.8GHz 4 x Performance Kryo 260 (based on Cortex A53)
- PLUNGER: 4 GB LPDDR4x
- ROM: 64 GB, expandable memory up to 512 GB with microSD
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Cameras: Capital 48MP with f / 1.7 aperture + 2MP macro vision camera with f / 2.4 aperture + 2MP Depth. Night vision function
- Front camera: 8MP with f / 2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 75.73x 165.21 × 9.18 mm
- Weight: 200 gr
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz | 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, NFC
- Battery: 5000mAh with 20W Turbopower charge
The smartphone has a 6.5 inch LCD screen with HD + resolution. The screen is quite similar to other Moto G phones and comes with a notch of water and a rather thick rim. The shutdown serves a home for a small 8MP sensor with f / 2.2 aperture. Going backwards, we have a fairly generous triple camera setting with the 48MP shooter leading the way. It gets help from a 2MP depth unit and a 2MP macro sensor. The camera housing with Motorola’s repetitive design for 2020 smartphones, a square island with central alignment. We also have a fingerprint scanner mounted on the back, which once again “hides” from the Motorola logo.
The handset shines with a huge 5,000 mAh battery with fast charge. If the Moto E7 Plus disappoints with a micro-USB port, the G9 Play comes with a USB-C port that charges at 20W. This is 2 Watt over the vast majority of mid-range smartphones on the market. Other features include Bluetooth 5.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, NFC and a 3.5 mm headphone jack. The phone ships with Android 10, and of course, is suitable for Android 11.
Customers in the UK can purchase the Moto G9 Play at Sapphire Blue and Forest Green colorways. The phone is now available through Amazon UK and the Motorola website. The handset costs € 169 throughout Europe, but in the UK customers can buy it for € 160.