When Apple reported its results for the second quarter of this year, the company said that the iPhone 11 is the best-selling smartphone in the Chinese market. Recent Counterpoint research confirms this.
Counterpoint data show that the top five best-selling smartphones in the Chinese market in the second quarter of this year included the iPhone 11, Oppo A8, Honor 9X, Vivo Y3 and Huawei Mate 30 5G. At the same time, the iPhone 11 and the Huawei Mate 30 are top mobile phones, while the other three models belong to the budget category.
The source adds that the iPhone 11 is also the best-selling smartphone in the US, Germany, the UK and Japan. Four iPhones are the top five in the UK market and Apple smartphones are in the top three in Japan.
The new iPhone 12 smartphones are expected to offer users 5G support this year. And the smaller 5.4-inch model will be quite functional and accessible to the general public.
The iPhone 11 is currently the most popular smartphone in the world
According to research firm Omdia, the iPhone 11 was the most popular smartphone in the first quarter of this year. This is despite the fact that due to the Koran virus pandemic, there was a tense situation. The report said that in the first three months of the year, Apple shipped about 19.5 million iPhone 11s.
With a huge lag behind the leader, the second place in the Omdia ranking took the Samsung Galaxy A51, whose volume amounted to 6.8 million units. Then come the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphones, whose sales in the first quarter amounted to 6.6 million and 6.1 million units, respectively. The iPhone XR, which was the best-selling smartphone in the first quarter of last year, reached 4.7 million units in the first three months of this year. For the other iPhone models of the current generation, shipments of iPhone 11 Pro amounted to 3.8 million units in the quarter (8th place) and 4.2 million units for the iPhone 11 Pro Max (6th place). In seventh place we have the Galaxy A10s with 3.9 million units and the Galaxy A30 in tenth place with 3.4 million units.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the most popular smartphone in the world:
Apple iPhone 11 specifications
- 6.1-inch (1792 × 828 pixels) 326ppi LCD liquid retina display
- A13 Bionic 64-bit, 8-core Neural Engine
- 64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB storage options
- iOS 13
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide angle camera (f / 1.8), optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo-1080 1080p at 240 fps. 12MP 120 ° Ultra Wide (f / 2.4) secondary camera, 2x optical zoom. digital zoom up to 5x
- 12MP front camera with f / 2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording. With Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo-1080 1080p at 120 fps
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID face recognition, stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 150.9 × 75.7 × 8.3; Weight: 194 grams
- Gigabit LTE class up to 1.6Gbps, 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 with 2 × 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reading function, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging, fast charging, up to 17 hours of video playback