IPhone SE sales accounted for 19% of total iPhone sales in the second quarter of 2020, according to a new Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP) report on the US market. As a reminder, iPhone SE sales just started this quarter.
Interestingly, the affordable iPhone is often purchased to replace the old iPhone line as an upgrade. The reason may be the relatively low price. The $ 399 device is Apple’s cheapest smartphone in a long time, so its outdated design is forgiven.
According to the same report, the iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max accounted for 65% of sales.
Market research shows that in most cases, iPhones are bought by those who already use Apple smartphones. At the same time, the iPhone SE is especially popular with those traveling from the Android platform. Overall, 16% of buyers switched from Andriod to iOS during the quarter, with 9% specifically on the iPhone SE.
Apple iPhone SE 2020 specifications
- IPS 326 ppi screen 4.7 inches (1334 x 750 pixels), contrast ratio 1400: 1, maximum brightness 625 cd / m2
- A13 Bionic 64-bit, 8-core Neural Engine
- 64 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB storage options
- iOS 13
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- 12 MP wide angle camera (f / 1.8), optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo-mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with f / 2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- TouchID fingerprint sensor
- Built-in stereo speaker
- Dimensions: 138.4x 67.3 × 7.3 mm. Weight: 148g
- Gigabit 4G LTE class up to 1.6Gbps, 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 with 2 × 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reading function, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with up to 13 hours of video playback, Qi wireless charging, 18W fast charge (5w charger in the box)
The iPhone SE 2 Plus, the iPhone SE 3 coming one after the other? Possible?
Japanese sources have provided some new information about the iPhone SE 2 Plus smartphone, which should be an expanded version of the iPhone SE 2 that was released this spring.
The first difference will be the size of the device due to the increased diagonal screen. If the iPhone SE 2 received a 4.7-inch screen like the iPhone 8, then the iPhone SE 2 Plus should be equipped with a 5.5-inch screen like the iPhone 8 Plus.
A fingerprint scanner will still be used to unlock it, however, according to sources, it will be on the side of the case. This may mean that the design of the device will change and the huge bezels above and below the screen will be reduced to modern standards.
Obviously, the iPhone SE 2 Plus may debut with the iPhone 12 series this fall. As for the iPhone SE 3, the smartphone may be released in the first half of next year. However, nothing has been confirmed yet.
However, the sudden resurgence of Apple’s SE product line should not be a “one-shot away” style. According to a reliable source (MauriQHD) the iPhone SE 2 Plus will have an A13 processor.
As for the iPhone SE 3, there are reports that this device will also use the A13 processor. In addition, the release period between iPhoneSE 2 Plus and iPhoneSE 3 does not exceed 12 months. For cost reasons, the iPhone SE 3 may not support 5G. In this regard, the previously rumored 4G version of the iPhone 12 could be the iPhone SE 3.